Big Data Ethics Forum: Data sharing to determine the global burden of antimicrobial resistance (AMR): what are the bottlenecks?
Dr Catrin Moore, Oxford Global Burden of Disease Group
Wednesday, 18 September 2019, 1.30pm to 3pm
Seminar room 0, BDI, Old Road Campus, OX3 7LF
Some of the ethical issues include:
- As scientists, our data is at the source of our research and the basis of many research careers, in the age of Big Data is it ethical to store data and not to share it?
- What are the incentives for sharing data?
- Who owns the research data?
- Is it ethical to share clinical data?
- How much metadata should be shared?
- How open should the sharing be?
- Researchers are perfectionists, can data be shared if it hasn’t been double and triple checked