Inter-disciplinary and cross-departmental working are critical to the success of the BDI. There are already many effective collaborations within the University of Oxford.
- Nuffield Department of Population Health
- Nuffield Department of Medicine
- Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics
- Clinical Trial Service Unit and Epidemiological Studies Unit
- BHF Centre for Research Excellence
- The Institute of Biomedical Engineering
Collaborations with the local healthcare sector are established through the Oxford Academic Health Science Network and associated network, and the Biomedical Research Centre. There are extensive collaborations with the wider national and international health and research communities.